Crème brûlée with coffee
- Preparation time approx. 15 minutes
time approx. 35 minutes
- Cooling time approx. 2 hours
g single cream
- 150 ml milk
- 100 ml coffee
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbs butter
tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs espresso powder
the oven to 180°C (Gas 2-3, convection oven 160°C).
- Combine the cream, milk,
coffee and sugar in a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Remove immediately from the heat and leave to
- Beat the eggs and egg yolks and blend with the cream/coffee
- Pour the mixture into four buttered 125 ml fireproof dishes. Stand
dishes in a bain-marie / water bath, and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Remove from
oven, leave to cool, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Scatter 1 tablespoon of
brown sugar over each dish, and caramelize, either for 1-2 minutes under the grill, or with a special
- Sprinkle the espresso powder over the hot sugar, and serve immediately
in the dish.